james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:41:01 GMT
peter royal wrote:
> You may want to open communication with http://hausmail.safehaus.org/ as
> well, as they expressed interest in bringing their SMTP code to MINA,
> they may have some bits that can be used as well.

Mike Heath (hausmail creator) is already a James committer: he put the
project on safehaus because at that time James PMC didn't want to
include MINA.

I remember that our first smtphandler refactoring to support fastfail
(2005 SoC) has been partially based on hausmail architecture (command
pattern). Furthermore hausmail has started as a refactoring of James
SMTPServer, so I think it should not be so hard to merge/reuse things.

Stefano