james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: bayesiananalysis and sql
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:23:56 GMT
Hi,

should it not be:

token varchar (128) for bit data NOT NULL default '',

like descripted in
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html

VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA
The VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA type allows you to store binary strings less
than or equal to a specified length. It is useful for unstructured data
where character strings are not appropriate (e.g., images).
Syntax
{ VARCHAR | CHAR VARYING | CHARACTER VARYING } (length) FOR BIT DATA
length is an unsigned integer literal designating the length in bytes.
Unlike the case for the CHAR FOR BIT DATA type, there is no default
length for a VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA type. The maximum size of the length
value is 32,672 bytes.
JDBC metadata type (java.sql.Types)
VARBINARY
VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA stores variable-length byte strings. Unlike CHAR
FOR BIT DATA values, VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA values are not padded out to
the target length.
An operation on a VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA and a CHAR FOR BIT DATA value
(e.g., a concatenation) yields a VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA value.
The type of a byte literal is always a VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA, not a CHAR
FOR BIT DATA.

unfortaly it not work :-(

javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception initializing queries;
  nested exception is:
        SQL Exception: Syntax error: Encountered "(" at line 4, column
29.
        at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.BayesianAnalysisFeeder.initDb(Baye
sianAnalysisFeeder.java:210)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.BayesianAnalysisFeeder.init(Bayesi
anAnalysisFeeder.java:185)

bye
Norman

Am Freitag, den 07.07.2006, 09:48 +0200 schrieb Vincenzo Gianferrari
Pini: