james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:36:28 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 12.07.2006, 09:24 -0400 schrieb peter royal:
> On Jul 12, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Norman Maurer wrote:
> > i whould like to work on MINA integration for connection handling. I
> > just want to know what you guys think about a problem...
> >
> > Currently MINA only support SSL with java 5. So SSL can only be used
> > with java 5.  I think its not a big problem cause the SSL support is
> > still experimental. So if someone want use it he must upgrade, if
> > not he
> > can use james with java 1.4 (MINA itself works with java 1.4).
> > Anyone see a problem with it and so with integrate MINA ?
>
> Good to hear.. let me know if you need any help :) .. Noel walked me
> through the basic patterns in JAMES @ ApacheCon and it didn't look
> like it would be too bad.
> (The Java 5 requirement for SSL is because you can only do SSL w/NIO
> in Java 5).
>
> You may want to open communication with http://hausmail.safehaus.org/
> as well, as they expressed interest in bringing their SMTP code to
> MINA, they may have some bits that can be used as well.
> -pete

I know .. and mike is also a james commiter if im not wrong so we have a
good startin point. I think i whould start the work on POP3 or the
RemoteManager cause its not so complex as the SMTP-Server..

Thx for offer your help..

BTW, how long will it take to release the new version of MINA ? From
mikes code i see that he use MINA 0.9x which is still unstable. IS it
far away from stable ?

bye
Norman