james-server-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:08:19 GMT
On Jul 12, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Norman Maurer wrote:
> I know .. and mike is also a james commiter if im not wrong so we
> have a
> good startin point. I think i whould start the work on POP3 or the
> RemoteManager cause its not so complex as the SMTP-Server..

Noel actually suggested starting with the NNTP server, since its not
as widely used.

> BTW, how long will it take to release the new version of MINA ? From
> mikes code i see that he use MINA 0.9x which is still unstable. IS it
> far away from stable ?

We highly recommend people to use the 0.9 series. The 'unstable'
moniker is relative to the API, not functionality. So for in-
development projects, having to do minor tweaks to match any API
changes that we make prior to 1.0 shouldn't be a large issue :)

-pete