james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:18:19 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Peter Royal wrote:
>
>> (The Java 5 requirement for SSL is because you can only do SSL w/NIO
>> in Java 5).
>
> The other thing we get from SSL w/NIO is STARTTLS.  We could support the
> current socket-based SSL I/O for 1.4 users.
>
>> You may want to open communication with http://hausmail.safehaus.org/
>
> HausMail is LGPL.  Unacceptable license.  Mike Heath is a former JAMES
> contributor, and is quite welcome to contribute directly to JAMES rather
> than try to spawn his own project.
>
> 	--- Noel

AFAIK the creator and copyright owner for the full HausMail is Mike
Heath. It seems that Mike would be happy to donate the code to ASF so,
for a moment, try to think this is a possibility.
And you know, he tried to spawn his own project because his own project
was not welcome (mainly by you ;-) ) when he did it.

Stefano