james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r420948 - in /james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james: smtpserver/ transport/ userrepository/ util/connection/
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:22:18 GMT
Hi Noel,

Well, the intention of this whole thing is to actually _lower_ Avalon
dependency. That's not always easy. ;-)

Currently, I'm simply working on providing means (setters) for Beans to
get stuff injected they need and eventually get rid of service(),
initialize() + configure() hell altogether.

Let's have a deeper look into my changes:

MailCmdHandler:
   rename setDnsServer=>setDNSServer

EhloCmdHandler, HeloCmdHandler:
   rename setDnsServer=>setDNSServer
   actually use prev. unused setter in service()

SMTPServer:
   add + use service setters
   extract logical block from configure() into own priv methods
(="unspaghettization")
   fix javadoc

JamesSpoolManager:
   fix javadoc
   add + use service setters

LinearProcessor:
   remove ServiceManager priv field  (lower Avalon dep.)
   add + use service setters

Loader:
   add + use service setters

AbstractJdbcUserRepository:
   turn 1 field into local
   add + use service setter

UsersFileRepository:
   make 1 field var name more verbose
   add + use service setter (Cornerstone DataSourceSelector)

SimpleConnectionManager:
   add + use service setter (Cornerstone ThreadManager)

Should I revert all of it or only some parts?
(Most of them, I think, are quite nice.)

   Bernd