james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: website look experiments.. please feedback
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:41:57 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> I like the jackrabbit logo but I don't know what is the ASF policy about
> ASF logos.

The official one is not nice. Even the prev ASF logo used by James
(http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo_wide.gif) is better than this one.
I also like the Jackrabbit one.

The subproject navigation is somehow displaced and is very small on my
system. Can we move it to the navigation box on the left?
Since "Apache" is not a subproject of James ;-) I would remove it from
subproject navigation altogether and link the ASF logo to apache.org.

The ApacheCon box should not be "glued" to the vertical top bar like in
looktest and norman. We endorse it, but it should be more
'disconnected', maybe have a perfectly closed box surrounding it.

> ---
>
> I would like to find consensus on a new common design for our websites
> so we can move forward and have a consistent look across the james
> projects.
>
> Please let me know if you have suggestion on changes that maybe are easy
> to apply and we may like.
>
> Stefano

Thanks for starting this redesign!

   Bernd