james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailet SDK...?
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:42:25 GMT
Mornin' Robert,

(been in Ibiza!)

> IMHO what's needed is a template development environment complete with ant
> build script, cut down james configuration (developers shouldn't be running
> development code on the standard ports) and some sample code. i'm probably
> going to need to develop something similar for my own purposes. if there's
> interest i'd be happy to post a patch to JIRA.

You're right the SDK was meant to be that, but we got so bogged down
in Avalon "issues" it never really got finished.
One idea I had for it was that it would be possible to start a minimal
james which would take its input from ascii files (mbox/maildir
possibly) and just pump them through the mailet pipeline so that
mailet applications could become testable without invoking all the
other bits of james.

Post away,

d.