james-server-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:24:49 GMT
On Jul 12, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Norman Maurer wrote:
> i whould like to work on MINA integration for connection handling. I
> just want to know what you guys think about a problem...
>
> Currently MINA only support SSL with java 5. So SSL can only be used
> with java 5.  I think its not a big problem cause the SSL support is
> still experimental. So if someone want use it he must upgrade, if
> not he
> can use james with java 1.4 (MINA itself works with java 1.4).
> Anyone see a problem with it and so with integrate MINA ?

Good to hear.. let me know if you need any help :) .. Noel walked me
through the basic patterns in JAMES @ ApacheCon and it didn't look
like it would be too bad.

(The Java 5 requirement for SSL is because you can only do SSL w/NIO
in Java 5).

You may want to open communication with http://hausmail.safehaus.org/
as well, as they expressed interest in bringing their SMTP code to
MINA, they may have some bits that can be used as well.

-pete