james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: smtp-handler-api and merge to trunk
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:27:45 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:

> just forget to say that a "fastfailfilter" can now just add by add :
> <class="your.fast.fail.filter" command="COMMAND1(,COMMAND2,...)>

> The fastfailfilter class will be insert automatic to the right position
> in chain. ( Between coreFilterHandler and commandHandler for the
> configures command).

Actually, I don't think that I like this, and would eliminate the default
hardcoded handler chain entirely.  It is easy enough to require users to
have the few entries in the config file.

And did you plan to add a syntax checking/parsing package, so that the
downstream handler's didn't have to validate and parse the parameters?

	--- Noel