james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: smtp-handler-api and merge to trunk
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:26:25 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:

> 1. I add a new method to the CommandHandler interface called
>    getImplCommands(). This method return the commands
>   (as ArrayList)

Why not a Collection or a Map?

> If a "wrong" commandHandler is configured for the command an
> ConfigurationException is thrown

Do you mean the wrong command for a Handler?  For example,

  <handler class="myRCPThandler" command="HELO"/>

> 2. I seperate all the "filter" stuff (syntaxchecks etc) from the
> commandhandler and move it to an extra package.

We could also move all of the core handlers into the core package.  And we
should be clear that filters ARE handlers.  You've just chosen a name for
semantic purposes.

> 8. Create a 2 new methods in SMTPSession to set whenether the next
>    commandHandler should be executed or not.

Not sure if that is the right way to do it, but we can see.

+1 to merge to trunk as a strawman.  Curious to see what differences Stefano
has in mind.

	--- Noel