james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:56:22 GMT
> AFAIK the creator and copyright owner for the full HausMail is Mike
> Heath. It seems that Mike would be happy to donate the code to ASF

And we'd like to have him do so.

> And you know, he tried to spawn his own project because his own project
> was not welcome (mainly by you ;-) ) when he did it.

I know nothing of the kind.  In fact, the e-mail you referenced in another
reply, says (from me to Mike):

> If you want to contribue to JAMES, which I believe is the mutual desire,
> doing development elsewhere just makes it a longer road to get into our
> codebase.

ref: http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg04310.html

And, yes, you could re-write all of the handlers to be part of the MINA
framework, but that is not necessary, and would unnecessarily tie us tightly
to it.  And with respect to Mike's observations about MINA and fast-fail, I
had already discussed it in detail with Trustin and Alex.

	--- Noel