james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] James website update (Was: svn commit: r421896 - in /james/site/trunk/www)
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:21:10 GMT
Stefano wrote:

> Sunny day and I'm sick, so I took some time to look at maven2 generation
> and css.

Sorry to hear it.

> I created a css for maven2 generated site, that is different from James
> current style but I think it is something in the middle between Maven2
> style and current James style.

Looks good, as we've discussed.  What is the difference in size between the anakia generated
site and the maven 2 generated site?  Only for JAMES, not counting jSPF.

> > We want a main site, plus project specific content, and release
> > specific content within project specific content.

> I agree.
> I think we can create a maven2 project for our main site using only the
> content that is not project specific. As I already tried the James site
> generation using maven2 this should not be a big problem.

OK.

> > We also want to change what Maven is generating.  Almost all of its
> > default reports should be turned off.
>
> The Source Repository report is OK to show the URL, but all of the
> content should be directed to http://www.apache.org/dev/#svn.  We
> don't want to maintain general SVN instructions.

> Maven2 automatically generate this page:
> http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/looktest/jspf/source-repository.html

Yes, but http://www.apache.org/dev/#svn is the official content for the ASF.  If you feel
that there are some improvements that can be made, let's contribute them.

> > The only Project Report we should keep is the JavaDocs, and that
> > needs to be per-release level.  The "Who we are"/Project Team is
> > JAMES, not component specific.

> I agree on the per-release level, but I think that project reports are
> helpful and if we can generate them automatically and with few effort we
> should publish them:

Which project level reports?  I listed:

>   Dependencies, Issue Tracking, Mailing Lists, License

as useful.  If you like the XRef, that's fine.  Other reports are not useful, and some are
promos for other people's code.  I really don't feel like providing free advertising.  Same
for the Maven icon.  I consider it obnoxious for tools to embed their advertising (spam) in
their generated content.

	--- Noel