james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: v2.3 beta
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:40:07 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> this page, say it is updated today and it doesn't list anyone but you
> http://people.apache.org/~henkp/trust/apache.html

I don't know how Henk gets his list of keys.  Danny's key, 0x9BB69067, is in
the ASF WoT, as you can see from looking at pgp.mit.edu, and was signed by
me on July 21, 2005.  And, ironically, his key is signed by Henk, too.  :-)
Perhaps his public key needs to be in ~/.pgpkey so that it gets picked up
even if there are no signed releases using it.

> when I asked about this in past everyone agreed that you
> was the only one with a signed key.

<<shrug>> I can't help what people tell you.

> I hope that sooner or later everyone of us will have a signed key,
> so this will not be a delaying issue anymore.

I participate in the ASF key signing parties to help ensure that everyone
has a verified signed key.

However, I do not believe that it has been a significant contributor to
delay.  Not having an agreement to release has been, but once we have an
agreement, I can cut a signed release within 3 minutes of seeing the vote,
not including upload time.  The mechanics of release are easy.  The rest ...
:-)

	--- Noel