james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: MINA integration
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:40:41 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> I'm +1 to MINA usage for our listening services.

Same here.

> Imho James 3.0 won't be out before mid 2007 (optimistic)

That's not anyone else's goal, so I hope that it isn't yours.  I'd like to
see JAMES v3 by year end.  But it all depends upon what one calls JAMES v3.

> Otherwise we could start implementing MINA based services while keeping
> old services updated.

We should maintain both.  MINA is essential for scaling to large numbers of
connections, and for STARTTLS, but not for the majority of JAMES users.

> Imho most of the code should be shared between MINA and non MINA services.

+1

That was always the intent.  The protocol handler should not care how it
gets the next package of data, just that it does.  And, happily,
telnet-class protocols are line-oriented, making things easy.

	--- Noel