james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] James website update (Was: svn commit: r421896 - in /james/site/trunk/www)
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:39:45 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Normally I wouldn't call a vote for a site update, but I just finished
> committing more than *1000* files updated in our site/trunk repository.

ROFLMAO!  :-D

Yes, that's what happens.  :-)  We've all been there and done that, and had the same reaction.
 Welcome to the club.  :-)

> I published an export of the updated site here:
> http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/www/
> http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/www/jspf/

Thanks for that, Stefano.  :-)

Several changes:

Would you please update the stylesheet to use the ApacheCon US 2006 logo instead of the one
from last year?  And, yes, you're about to generate a huge number of changed pages.

Also, the beta is 2.3.0b3, not b1.

We should add jSPF to the navigation tree for the JAMES site, although I really dislike that
we have two totally different looks.

There are other things that need to change, but revising the site is an evolution.  For example,
the version specific docs ought to be under a version specific directory, so that we can publish
docs for multiple versions.

> 2) replaced 2.2.0 with 2.3.0 in download.xml

Whoops ... this and the related text changes on the main page are premature, until we do release
JAMES v2.3.  This is the only thing that I feel should be reverted ... FOR NOW.  Everything
else is a go.  I'd really like to publish the site, with all of the JAMES v2.3 beta content;
we just can't say that v2.3 is released until it is.

	--- Noel