james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Wellington <bwell...@xbill.org>
Subject Re: dnsjava and SPF record type
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:33:17 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> we (Apache James team) develop a jSPF library
> (http://james.apache.org/jspf/index.html) that make use of you dnsjava
> library.
>
> Unfortunately SPF specification defined a new (approved) record type (SPF)
> but dnsjava does not support it.
>
> I already create a tracker issue for this ([1477843] Add SPF type)
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1477843&group_id=18000&atid=368000

I commented on the tracker entry about a month ago.

> But now I see that you did a new release since that day and you included
> IPSECKEY but not SPF.
>
> Does this mean that you don't intend to add SPF record support or you simply
> missed the tracker entry?

I did not see the tracker entry before the release (sourceforge's
automatic notification system rarely works).  As mentioned in the tracker
entry, it could be in the next release.

> That record is really needed in our project, so if you don't plan to include
> it we have to start thinking to alternatives.

I can say that it will be in the next release, but I don't know when
I'll have time to add SPF support or when the next release will be.
Probably in the next month or so.

Brian