james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailet SDK...?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:58:45 GMT
On 7/22/06, Norman Maurer <nm@byteaction.de> wrote:

> Mornin..

<snip>

> ATM i'm using a stripped down james with SMTP serving on a high with
> > everything else stripped out. i'm using commons-email to create test
> > messages to play around with. would probably want to move to unit
> testing
> > when i get a little more serious.
>
> Maybe you want to have a look on the james source.. we allready wrote
> all the needed stuff to write junit test for mailets and matchers :-)

thanks. will do.

> i'll try to find some time to tidy up the SDK i'm using ATM and post it to
> > JIRA as a starting point. would probably need some changes to the build
> > script so that variable content (such as the mailet classes and the
> jars)
> > were dynamically created for each release.
> >
> > - robert
>
> Cool .. im lookin forward to this. Thx for the work.

i've posted a version of my current configuration with license headers and a
small amount of tidying up (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-575).
probably needs a lot more work and cleaning up before it's somewhere near.
it's big since it has all the james jars and existing MailetSDK for 2.3.0b3.
once it's closer these would need to be copied in by the build process for
the SDK.

IMHO it'd probably be easier for this to be committed into a sandbox
somewhere to allow development to proceed on list. this will save having to
go through the software grant process later once it's more finished. (i
already have a CLA on file.)  this process would also have the advantage
that people else will be able to spot all my mistakes and jump in to correct
them.

- robert