james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: LONG JAMES v2.4 Road Map
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:31:18 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Let's at first work together on trunk and then decide to release (when
> time is due but quite soon).
> If there are developments which are not completed, ok. Lets disable
> them, or mark them as experimental, but release what we have. Then,
> let's move on.
> I am not opposing doing larger refactorings, or maybe even break
> features for a limited time. But let's move forward carefully
> nonetheless.

Sorry, I think that with all this messages I'm not sure I understood 
your position.

Norman and I agreed on a possible release plan for what we identified 
temporarily as "next-major":

We proposed to include everything we have in current trunk + what we are 
able to implement until the beginning of January choosing from a list of 
issues we already defined (and maybe something more, discussing it). In 
January we will branch and start consolidating things to be released 
(and I expect a first alpha/beta really soon after the branch).

Vincenzo and Noel seems to agree on branching from 2.3 and backporting 
some few selected changes to make an interim release (If I understood it 
they would not do any new development in the branch, but only 
backporting+bugfixing). They have not published the list of this few 
issues, but maybe they will do this soon.

Do you agree with one of these 2 plans? Have you, instead, a third 
proposal (possibly including expected date to branch/date to release and 
expected feature list)?


To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org

View raw message