james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: LONG JAMES v2.4 Road Map
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:31:18 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Let's at first work together on trunk and then decide to release (when
> time is due but quite soon).
> If there are developments which are not completed, ok. Lets disable
> them, or mark them as experimental, but release what we have. Then,
> let's move on.
> I am not opposing doing larger refactorings, or maybe even break
> features for a limited time. But let's move forward carefully
> nonetheless.

Sorry, I think that with all this messages I'm not sure I understood
your position.

Norman and I agreed on a possible release plan for what we identified
temporarily as "next-major":

We proposed to include everything we have in current trunk + what we are
able to implement until the beginning of January choosing from a list of
issues we already defined (and maybe something more, discussing it). In
January we will branch and start consolidating things to be released
(and I expect a first alpha/beta really soon after the branch).

Vincenzo and Noel seems to agree on branching from 2.3 and backporting
some few selected changes to make an interim release (If I understood it
they would not do any new development in the branch, but only
backporting+bugfixing). They have not published the list of this few
issues, but maybe they will do this soon.

Do you agree with one of these 2 plans? Have you, instead, a third
proposal (possibly including expected date to branch/date to release and
expected feature list)?

Stefano