james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Evert Tigchelaar <e.tigchel...@minihouse.com>
Subject Re: difference between reverse-path and Return-Path ?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:15:38 GMT
I am working on support for notification like success and in the rfc
http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=1891 in "7.1 SMTP Envelope to
be used with delivery status notifications", I read the
reverse-path must be null but
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AbstractRedirect#setReversePath(MailImpl
newMail, MailAddress reversePath, Mail originalMail)
seems to set Return-Path, at least that is what I see in the delivered
DSN mail..

So for that reason I asked whats the different between the reserve-path
and Return-Path headers and which one I should use?

Thanks,
Evert