james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Evert Tigchelaar <e.tigchel...@minihouse.com>
Subject sending a delay dsn mail
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:11:09 GMT
Hi I am working to implement support for delay DSN
and I am looking a bit around in the code and found in the run method
of org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery the following code:

if(deliver(mail, session)) {
  //Message was successfully delivered/fully failed... delete it
  outgoing.remove(key);
} else {
   //Something happened that will delay delivery.  Store any updates
   outgoing.store(mail);
}

the else block looks like a a good position to fire a delay DSN mail, is
this correct? And are there other places were a delay DSN mail should be
sended?

Thanks,

Evert

p.s.

How does a delay DSN mail looks like, simular like a success and failure
DSN mail like in http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=1891 ?