james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Proposed fix for JAMES-603
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:57:19 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> I reviewed the code and it seems ok.
> It is less than perfect but it is the less of the evil for fix this
> issue for 2.3.0.

:-)

> My only concern is about the removal of setMaxRows

So am I, but I didn't see an alternative that wouldn't restore the problem.

> I would like to know what happen on a mysql 3 with connector 3.0
> and big spools.

I have MySQL 3 and Connector/J 3.

> I think this patch should be committed to 2.3 branch

Done to trunk and copied to 2.3.  We don't want trunk to get left behind.
>From past experience, we know that it is important that changes to the
branch be made in trunk so that things don't fork until we really intend to
fork.

> we'll need a few weeks to update our production servers and have at
> least a bunch of servers using the code we're going to release as
> 2.3.0 before starting the vote.

Shall we plan to release RC3 by end of week?

	--- Noel