james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Raghavendra Setty <raghavend...@tarangtech.com>
Subject Re: Sent items facility in JAMES
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 03:41:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am asking the question on "sent items" feature again.

When we say "inbox.getMessages()", (using JavaMail) i think, james runs
a query on table "inbox" and gives it to JavaMail API based on the
"repository_name" column (as defined sqlResources.xml). This is actually
an array of java.mail.Message.

Since i have to build "sent items" functionality towards client side as
it is not provided by James, please let me know what should i do.

Shall i use the same "inbox" table and get the mails based on "sender"
column? If so, how to retrieve the message headers / body etc? Is there
any way i can create array of java.mail.Message out of it?

If not, please guide me to resolve this at your earliest.

I have another question on "Read / Unread" status of a message. Since i
am using James - POP3, and pop3 don't have support for SEEN flag, what
should i do to differentiate a mail which is seen from the the one which
is not seen?

Please help me at your earliest.

Thanks in advance,
Rag Setty

> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 17:26 +0530, Santosh Puranshettiwar wrote:
> > In my opinion "Sent items" is a functionality coupled to a mail client
> > than to a server.
> > So, whatever the solution be, I suspect using JAMES (or any other mail
> > server, in that matter) for it would be inappropriate to store the sent
> > mails.
> >
> > Santosh.
> > Raghavendra Setty wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am using javamail API to retrieve the inbox mails of a particular user
> > > from JAMES as below:
> > >
> > > Session session = Session.getInstance(props);
> > > store = session.getStore("pop3");
> > > store.connect("localhost", "blue", "blue");
> > > root = store.getDefaultFolder();
> > > inbox = root.getFolder("inbox");
> > > inbox.open(Folder.READ_WRITE);
> > > Message[] msgs = inbox.getMessages();   then
> > >
> > > for (int i = 0; i < msgs.length; i++)
> > >     {
> > > 	MimeMessage msg = (MimeMessage)msgs[i];
> > > 	msg.getFrom()[0], msg.getSubject(), msg.getContent() ......
> > >     }
> > >
> > > Can you guys suggest is there any functionality which supports the "Sent
> > > Item"? If not please guide me how can i achieve this.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Rag Setty
> > >
> > > This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.