james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Javamail 1.4.1ea-SNAPSHOT 15/Sep/2006
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:10:07 GMT
Hi all,

I saw that glassfish/mail had new commits a couple of weeks ago that
fixed some of the bugs I reported few months ago.

I also saw that the java.net maven repository is publishing a build from
15/Sep/2006 declaring the CDDL license (previous EA was not under this
license) and I verified that compiling the CVS version I obtained the
same bytecode that was in the maven repository.

I downloaded it, decommented all the code we previously added to
workaround few javamail  bugs and decommented the code to support
8bitmime (we removed it because of javamail bugs) and everything seems
to work fine.

I also added few more tests and the result is good.

So I decided to commit it and let us and our users to test it so that we
have increased possibilities to have further problems discovered before
javamail 1.4.1 final will be out.

The main problem is that now the "next-release" depends on the release
of 2 final libraries:

dnsjava-2.0.3
javamail-1.4.1

Let's hope they won't be the showstoppers when everything else will be out.

Stefano