james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Change in policy to for JAMES to violate RFCs
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 16:58:15 GMT
I like your suggestion: I've not thought at it enough to understand
wether this will make us to duplicate all of our code or not, but
generally speaking your proposal make sense.

The problem with the specific issue of missing brackets is that I don't
consider that supporting them (when acting as server) is not a
specification violation.

As an example this change already involve the MAIL and the RCPT
handlers. You would start having 2 MAIL Handlers and 2 RCPT handlers,
for only this specific support... not sure that this will be good, but
as I said I don't know enought the current handlerchain architecture
(maybe noone does, because it is in branch since 2 months and not
completed yet).

Stefano