james-server-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Hoffmann ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: Change in policy to for JAMES to violate RFCs
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 05:41:49 GMT
Hi Noel,

Noel J. Bergman schrieb:

>> And another Handler, which allows common Bendings of the RFC.
>
> Can you elaborate?  Would this be the handler with switches to do things like fix bogus
addresses that lack brackets?

yes, this would be the handler that accepts those common violations to
the RFC. Starting with the missing brackets. Others will probably
follow. We ourselves have problems that some Backup Reporting bla
program sends malformed messages, which passed through qmail nicely but
are rejected by james. Norman has more information on why the Mail is
rejected.

Another question I have is, why are you against an example inside the
configuration file, which is commented out by default?

I as a Systems Administrator always like well documented Configuration
Files over Well Documentation. Although good Documentation is a MUST, I
learn how to use the software by reading the config file first.

But in the End I have nothing against leaving the configuration comment
out of the config file. I was just curious.

Kind regards

Juergen Hoffmann