james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Change in policy to for JAMES to violate RFCs
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:16:06 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> as I said I don't know enought the current handlerchain architecture
>> (maybe noone does, because it is in branch since 2 months and not
>> completed yet).
>
> The only reason why the handler chain is in the sandbox is because you convinced Norman
that until it supported DATA, which he's waiting on me to do since no one else knew how, that
it shouldn't be merged.

Uh?? I convinced Norman to avoid merging something that was not-working?
I think Norman was smart enough to decide himself to not break the
trunk. Short-living branches are not branches that are merged as-is as a
time-bomb. If they don't work or they works worse than the main trunk
they cannot be applied. I can't see any other way to work.

I really don't understand what could have been my role in such a delay:
I've taken myself out of this conversation, I never said how the
handlerchainv2 should have worked and so on: I just don't want to work
on something you already are working on, so I simply waited.

So please stop saying this kind of things, because it is annoying.

Stefano