james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailet API - subscribe or miss out...
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:52:44 GMT
On 10/28/06, Norman Maurer <nm@byteaction.de> wrote:

> I don't like your changes to much. I think it make no sense to move the
> Interfaces... I think we allready talked about that the MailRepository
> will probaly replaced by a MessageRepository. The UserRepository
> features will also replaced by the VUT Service . So why we should move it ?

Because the API is not complete without it, the mailets have to use
James interfaces at the moment and that is not right.

If we change that *first* we can continue to change things afterwards,
including changing the services the API offers and the means of
acessing them.

At the moment what happens is that every new developer who starts
working with mailets does the same think, look-up James services
directly. We need to stop that, and the first thing to do is to make
it unnecessary.

d.