james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Monitoring features
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:42:28 GMT
Hi,

Some honorable gentlemen suggested to "add more JMX monitoring for our
internal resources" (which I gues could mean everything from DNS cache
sizes to SMTP connections per minute).

I think that is a good idea.

Because my administrator's fantasy is limited due to the lack of
practical experience :-) please open JIRAs specifying what exactly you
would like to monitor and feel free to assign them to me.

Currently, I am working on looking at Processors, Mailets and Matchers.
In a second step, I will try to add reasonable notifiers and
statistics so we can monitor _live_: (a) a mail on its way through the
processor and (b) each object from the processor tree a mail passes.
(I will follow up on this is a different thread).

  Bernd