james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: IMAP development
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:34:01 GMT
Hi,

as far as I understand, we need to alter the way we see/handle
repositories for getting IMAP to work before doing IMAP itself.

while I see there has been some discussion about this mixed in here,
what is the current architectural target for this?

currently, I am having problems to determine our roadmap concerning
this. (did I miss something?)

from my view, it would be important for an user's mail repository to
be accessible through POP3 (inbox) and IMAP (all mailboxes) at the
same time. repositories should not be protocol aware.

we should extend/fix/refactor or repository architecture first, with
IMAP in mind of course.
this does not neccessarily mean we have no IMAP development going on
in parallel. but it should not drive the repository restructuring.

does this make sense?

  Bernd