james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE RESULT] James Server future releases/road maps
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:00:42 GMT
> So it seems everyone agreed: no one want to work on the next-minor but
> no one is against it and everyone want to work directly on next-major.

Actually, no.  I was working from 7AM until 11PM for the past week, and
didn't have time to deal with this, since I've already indicated that there
are some changes to include in a minor update.  And considering my
confidence in next-major, having a minor update ready makes good sense.

> Now that we confirmed this, I think we should avoid committing to trunk
> anything that we already know we're not going to include in next-major
> (repository refactoring, dsn and other non backward compatible changes)
> until we don't branch (this will simplify the workflow).

I'm laughing, since you were so upset when we tried to get you to do this
the last time we tried to prepare a release.  But at the same time, I find
your statement very reassuring, since it seems that you are understanding,
now, what it takes to start planning for a release.  This is excellent news.

	--- Noel