james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Hoffmann ...@byteaction.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Permanent errors from transient DNS issues?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:48:48 GMT
Hi Vincenzo,

even if it is a local problem. Do you really want to loose a week to find out
about it?

Kind regards

Juergen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini [mailto:vincenzo.gianferraripini@praxis.it]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. November 2006 16:08
An: James Developers List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Permanent errors from transient DNS issues?

Hi Jürgen,

if the target (destination) is wrong surely it's its administrator
problem, but if it is a problem with my servers (either James or all my
nameservers or the ones I query) or a network problem isolating me, then
I don't want *all* my sending users get back immediate bounces and I
want instead to try to fix the things, so it's my problem.

I sure may be wrong, but as I said before I'm making a difference here
between *my* nameservers and the *target domain* nameservers.

Vincenzo

Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi Vincenzo,
>
> seriously, if another mailserver is delivering a "552 No such user" Can we
> really be sure that there really is no such user, or that the administrator
> may have mis-configured his Mailserver. ;)
>
> Kind regards
>
> Juergen

So

!EXCUBATOR:1,456aff6b53071348279085!