james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Next 2.x release
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:46:10 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:

Can we not just give Danny's idea a try? We really need to find a way to cut
out all of this noise.

Quite honestly, I can't be arsed to wade though threads to determine who
said what to who and when.

I don't care whether its the status file or a wiki page (which should only
editable by committers). I do care that we have a clear and visible
direction recorded that has been decided by committer votes.

I hate to think of the time people have wasted in these and similar
discussions that might more productively have been spent in moving James
forward. Its true that to move forward we need a consensus on goals. Once
achieved, we use the status file to publish them.

It really shouldn't be this painful.

Cheers

Steve