james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger ...@joachim-draeger.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:12:08 GMT
Am Samstag, den 11.11.2006, 01:02 +0100 schrieb Bernd Fondermann:

> > Except for one thing ... a build takes a few seconds, even from scratch, and
> > the unit tests take anywhere from 3 minutes on up, especially the very slow
> > IMAP-related tests.
>
> Slow tests are a unit test anti-pattern on its own ;-)

Right. Those tests are more integration tests than unit tests. Tests
that involve much JavaMail and much Derby will always take its time. :-)
I don't like the idea of tuning existing tests just because they are too
slow. I would not mind moving them to a special TestSuite.

I hope for some real unit tests when having a deeper look at the IMAP
code.

Joachim