james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:00:17 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> I think that using maven we could simply configure our pom to run unit
>> tests just before the scm:checkin target.
>
>> mvn -Dmessage="<commit_log_here>" scm:checkin
>
> How hard is to to run svn commit -m "<commit_log_here>"?

The point is that it is not harder or easier, but with maven you can
make it automatically execute tasks (check tests are running and even
more) if you want to ;-)

Furthermore using maven scm you have to learn a single way to manage the
repository, being it svn, cvs or something else.

I never used it, but now that I noticed such a plugin exists I think I
will use it much more, because I can't remember the usage of each scm
out there.

Stefano