james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Long-standing ServerConnection bug
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:12:56 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> check the limit in addClientConnectionRunner to stop the thread if
>> the limit has been reached and to restart the listening thread in
>> removeClientConnectionRunner if we are stopped?
>
> No, I'd prefer to avoid a change of that nature.
>
> 	--- Noel

Can you explain?

I think that the solution would be better from a technical perspective,
and since we are un trunk it should not be so harmful.

I'm not asking you to do this, but I want to know what are the
justifications of the "I'd prefer to avoid" so I know if an effort from
someone else to use that method would be good, or you have some specific
concern about that solution.

Stefano