james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r470929 - in /james/server/branches/v2.3/src/java/org/apache/james: dnsserver/DNSServer.java nntpserver/NNTPHandler.java pop3server/POP3Handler.java remotemanager/RemoteManagerHandler.java smtpserver/SMTPHandler.java
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 14:50:45 GMT
My 2c below..

On 11/3/06, Norman Maurer <nm@byteaction.de> wrote:
> Ok let me cast my vote too ;-)
>
> Commit which noel made:
> +0 Cause i not see a big problem in it . We have the problems with
> couple services anyway in 2.3

+0 This is a temporary measure which resolves the issue, but doesn't
remove the root cause properly.

> Backport the complex one from trunk:
> + 1 Cause it is the better "solution" even it can intruduce more
> problems cause it is a  "big" patch. Anyway i whould like to see it
> cause i don'T asspect 2.3.1 in a few weeks. So why hurry ?

+1, but I'm not going to do it, and anyway that can be planned into
the *next* release.
In the meantime It All Works (tm).

> Use properties:
> + 0.5 I think we should at least add this to "known issues" as solution

+1 to document the use of the properties so that others can choose how
to use them.

d.