james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About STATUS file (was: Next 2.x release)
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:20:42 GMT
On 11/8/06, Steve Brewin <sbrewin@synsys.com> wrote:

<snip/>
first of all I would be opposed to using a wiki page as a record of
project management decisions like the STATUS file because the role of
this file is understood and requires a formal statement and svn is
auditable and strictly controlled. Any other documents would simply be
reporting or expressing opinion, the STATUS file is a formal record.
If we agree that there is a requirement for more structure to our
activilty post-decison making to avoid the same points being discussed
endlessly with no outcome then the Apache Way for this is to use the
STATUS file.

> For non-specific tasks I would be minded to making them specific in JIRA,
> for instance making "fix bugs for 2.3.1" a JIRA task. I don't see the need
> to surface this detail in the status file,

Agree.

> but if others do, again, it
> should be dynamically harvested from JIRA.

No! no duplication.

d.