james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r471243 - /james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james/util/connection/ServerConnection.java
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:21:16 GMT
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
> > The second connection made (using a connection limit of 1) expect
> > to received a connection exception, instead it seems to get
> > stalled waiting to connect.
>
> If I understand you (and the code in testConnectionLimitExceeded) correctly, it seems
that the defect is in the test's assumption not the ServerConnection code.

The one (Test) can not live without the other (Testee) - and the other
way round, I'd say.

It is best practice to run, extend, adjust and re-run unit tests when
the implementation changes. Otherwise, the tests are pretty useless.

> what needs to be changed is the test, not the revised ServerConnection.  :-)

Right. Thanks for volunteering ;-)

  Bernd

PS: google feeling lucky for "test infected"