james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Add processor commands to RemoteManager
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:49:14 GMT
> Hi bernd, sorry I've not replied before.

No problem, thanks for the reply anyway. :-)
It did not hold up me committing this as proposed. ;-)

> I would use something more "dynamic" for the commands, so that different
> implementations could be reached differently, but I think that the name
> you're suggesting are simple enough to expose this "experimental" feature.

Are you saying that these 'standard commands' available for all
Matchers + Mailets should be accompanied by a set of commands more
taylored towards specific Mailets?

If yes, then please note that my implementation has no direct access
to Matchers/Mailet instances, it only works on their Config objects.
Furthermore we are probably reaching limits of the somewhat static
view the RM has of James - these managed object are highly subject to
configuration.

In JMX though it would be easy to collect a specialized MBean for
every Processor/Mailet/Matcher.

  Bernd