james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Spring-integration status (Was: svn commit: r472482 - /james/server/trunk/STATUS)
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:02:38 GMT
> berndf@apache.org wrote:
> >      spring-integration
> > +        Goal: run James Server using Spring Framework instead of Phoenix/Avalon
> > -        Owner: bernd
> > +        Owner: berndf
>
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bravo! I agree that "goal" is important there.
>
> As you probably noticed I marked the status of "spring-integration" as
> "completed prototype".

This is fine.

> I see that you marked JAMES-665 as Fixed.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-665
>
> Shouldn't we include something in our distribution to declare it fixed?

I don't get your question, sorry. What do you mean with "distribution"?

> Have you already plan for this or should we consider this branch
> "closed", as is, until someone will revamp the issue?

I am still working on it, especially an ant script would be important.
But also integration with other applications.

> What do you think? Is it feasible to add something to our ant build that
> automatically create the spring-ready distribution?

As you can imagine I am not opposing this. But let us wait some weeks
until I (or others) have done more work on it. Especially more
extensive testing. Then we will for sure have some discussion around
this.

> We should avoid to mantain 2 "assembly" files (phoenix + spring) and
> maybe we should better create one from the other, or create a common
> source for both.

There was some trial and error and trick to make the spring-config
fit. But yes, it would be cool to have something like that. I will
have a check.

  Bernd