james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About STATUS file (was: Next 2.x release)
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:14:55 GMT
> What about adding to the STATUS a per-committer space where anyone
> update (and add a "last-udpated" date) the personal goals?
> ------
> Stefano Bagnara:
>      - Committed to fix bugs for 2.3.1
>      - Trying to keep updated james website, JIRA mantenaince
>      - Trying to coordinate efforts for next-major
>      - Working on the following list of issues for *next-major*:

Don't like. This only keeps others from doing this, even if the person
signed here is not doing it at all.

>        JAMES-52 8bitmime capabilities missing
>        JAMES-595 artifacts names james => james-server
>        JAMES-675 Add search-domain configurability to DNSServer
>        JAMES-676 disable override of default resolver/cache in DNSServer
>      - Optional mid-term issues:
>        JAMES-134 JAMES-241 JAMES-288 Read/write streaming of data to db
>        JAMES-491 SpoolManager refactorings
>      - In the long term:
>        JAMES-520 Create a RemoteDelivery service
>        full DSN support

I would like better if we keep JIRA for all this information because
it is intended to do exactly that.

> Steve Brewin:
>      - Currently busy, not active on code.
>      - Partecipate on organizational and mentoring issues
> -----

Such information is already proven on a daily basis by activity on
mailing lists etc. and likely to become outdated.

> I would remove generic data like "Project Mission", "Assets", "PMC
> Members", "Committers" because all of this is already recorded in
> different places and the file would start to be too big.

+1

  Bernd