james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:05:46 GMT
Hi,

Currently, unit tests have to be run separate with
"ant run-unit-tests"

This makes it very easy to forget to run them prio to a commit.
For me, unit tests are integral part of the quality management of the
code base, not just an appendix  on the outer rim of the James source
code universe.

If we would include the run-unit-tests target in dist-lite, this would
happen with every build and immediate feedback is given if something
breaks in the tests.
The result would be that maintaining the main code line and unit test
code line is a one stop shop.

  Bernd