james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:34:47 GMT
> Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>
> > > By the way, is there a way to run a single, specific, unit test?
>
> > In IDEs like Eclipse
>
> Let's talk about real tools (i.e., emacs and javac) shall we?  ;-)

should be easy to write some plug-in for vim/emacs to run a single
unit test, shouldn't it? ;-)

IDEs are at their best if they support you fully on working on the
developers current stuff _only_.
That means: Just compile the relevant + changed files, just run the
specific test (not test class, the test method!)

> > JUnit has some stand-alone utilities for this (test runner).
>
> Something that we can integrate with ant?

not as far as I know.

  Bernd