james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Spring-integration status (Was: svn commit: r472482 - /james/server/trunk/STATUS)
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:44:09 GMT
On 11/12/06, Serge Knystautas <sknystautas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/8/06, Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > So we'll wait for further news from you in the next weeks. Thank you for
> > > the update.
> >
> > You are welcome :-)
>
> Thanks again!  I read the howto and it looks pretty straight forward.
> How feasible do you think it will be to have a second shell script
> that starts James using spring instead of Phoenix?  My thought is that
> the regular James checkout can be easily run in this alternate
> container, that would spur more people to take a look at it.

The shell script could be as easy as "java -classpath ...all libs...
o.a.j.integration.spring.Main" where lib contains the spring framework
libraries in addition to all james/avalon/cornerstone/other libraries.

It is not a matter of feasablility as much as of project layout and
how to handle spring dependencies.
for the time being I feel the "adoptional bundle"-approach I did is
the best way: take james-...jar from the "main distribution" build and
and all other libraries and bundle them with the very lean wrapping
code to become the "unofficial James Server Spring distribution".

  Bernd