james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:14:02 GMT
> Bernd suggested it specifically because he felt that Committers are not
> running the tests before committing changes.  I don't actually think that
> has been a significant problem.  Perhaps Bernd's suggestion was inspired by
> the recent change I made for which the unit test failed.

Inspired - yes. I noticed then, that I myself do often miss to run the
tests :-) About others, I don't know, until something breaks :-)

With this discussion, I also wanted to hightlight the importance of
our unit test code base.
If I get all comments right there is an unanimous consense that the
tests are regarded as fundamentally important. This test-aware mindset
is making me very happy and is much more important than actually
forcing the tests to be run.

  Bernd