james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: AW: JAMES status?
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 05:28:32 GMT
Juergen Hoffmann wrote:
> Well we have a current problem at a customers site, where James 2.3 rc3 is
> just stopping to deliver mail. No Logging, what so ever. So far, we have
no
> clue what the problem is. After we restart James everything is working
fine.
> We have the exact same Directory per rsync on another server, and it runs
> there smoothly.

Which JVM and OS?  There are known issues with various Sun JVMs and internal
lockups.  We have also seen that using morded vs DBCP can cause this
condition to manifest (or not), but as best we can tell the error is
strictly internal to the JVM.  Geronimo also encountered the problem during
development.

Also, please check the various logs (including phoenix.log and
phoenix.console) to make sure that you didn't have an out of memory
condition.

Can you update to the released version of JAMES v2.3, or preferably my
patched version with the fix for InetAddress cache leak?

	--- Noel