james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r470929 - in /james/server/branches/v2.3/src/java/org/apache/james: dnsserver/DNSServer.java nntpserver/NNTPHandler.java pop3server/POP3Handler.java remotemanager/RemoteManagerHandler.java smtpserver/SMTPHandler.java
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:05:33 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:

> Commit which noel made:
> +0 Cause i not see a big problem in it . We have the problems with
> couple services anyway in 2.3

Exactly.

> Backport the complex one from trunk:
> + 1 Cause it is the better "solution" even it can intruduce more
> problems cause it is a  "big" patch.

I wouldn't mind, but it is a couple of hours of work to do the whole thing right (and more
code change == more risk).  That seems a waste, since the branch will (hopefully) be dead-ended.
 Also, there is a problem with it: unless the user removes assembly.xml, JAMES won't restart.
 The patch I did is entirely compatible with v2.3.0, including the existing XML, and is a
drop-in for the current SAR file.

	--- Noel