james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: About to start integrating new I/O code into trunk
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:19:37 GMT
Attached is a raw, unvarnished, PoC:

  IODemo:   test application
  IOSender: sends data to a port (IODemo should listen)

  IOHandler: basic interface for what to do with input
  CommandDispatcher: normal I/O handler, dispatches commands

  CommandHandler: interface for a command
  ShowAttributes: simple command
  SetAttribute:   DATA-like commmand with nested IOHandler

  IOSession: encapsulates the I/O handling process
  CRLFDelimitedByteBuffer: queue of CRLF-terminated lines

To play:

   javac *.java
   java -cp . IODemo <port> &
   java -cp . IOSender <port>

CRLFDelimitedByteBuffer drops in; the rest is largely discarded with some
bits and pieces merged with existing code.

	--- Noel