james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSSION] Include Unit Tests in regular build
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:48:19 GMT
> > We do have nightly builds.

> Right, but nighly means once per day (per night?)
> 1) often it happens after many hours from the commit
> 2) often multiple commits have been done and we need
>    time to identify the bad commit

As I said, I can change the frequency.  That's easy.  But I don't know if
Infrastructure will allow anything to be linked into our svn server to drive
per-commit processing.  We already have hooks for mail and selected
(Infrastructure required) operations.

> 3) the subject of the nighly build is always the same: to see that it
>    fails you have to read the content.

> I like what continuum does: run the check often (every commit) and send
> the notification only if it fails or if the status changed from the
> previous (fail => success).

> If you can do this or something similar it would be cool!

I would still want to see the report on a daily basis, but for interim
builds during the day, the script could check to see if ant succeeded or
failed, and only mail when it fails.  A bit more work, due to the script's
structure, but do-able.

	--- Noel